Applications for Park Passes are available on the Parks and Recreation Forms page. For all questions or concerns about park passes, please call Diane at City Hall at 313-822-4365.
Homeowners applying for passes for the first time may access the Park Pass Application at the above link. Homeowners must have valid proof of residency, i.e. driver’s license, bank statements or bills. New homeowners must also have turned in the Property Transfer Affidavit, Principle Resident Exemption and have a valid Certificate of Occupancy.
Renters must apply for park passes annually. Applications may be accessed online at www.grossepointepark.org or picked up at the Public Service Department at City Hall. Passes will be mailed back after the landlord has verified tenancy and the Public Service Department has verified that the Certificate of Occupancy is valid. NO EXCEPTIONS. Lease agreements are not accepted as proof of tenancy.
At any time, you may be asked for photo I.D. Misuse of your park pass may result in revocation. Revoked passes can be suspended or cancelled for the remainder of the season. In addition, if replacement is necessary, a fee of $20.00 will be charged. Driver Licenses and other forms of identification will not be accepted for entrance to the parks. Gate guards will only accept valid passes for entrance. Revoked passes will be turned over to the Public Safety Department, which will in turn make a decision as to whether or not they may be reinstated.
Residents age 17 and under will be allowed 1 guest per visit to the City Parks. Residents 18 and older will be allowed 3 guests per visit. GUESTS MUST ACCOMPANY YOU WHEN YOU ENTER THE PARKS.
Park Pass Rules
It is the goal of the City of Grosse Pointe Park to continue to provide to you, the resident, the best possible service and recreational facilities. We ask that you read the following rules with regard to Park Passes. It is extremely important that everyone complies with these rules so that we may all enjoy our City Parks.
- Renter Passes are valid for one year.
- Homeowner Passes are valid for four years.
- Park Passes are required for all residents age 10 and older and are non-transferable. (For purposes of registration of younger children in Park activities, we ask that all members of the family, even those not yet eligible for a Park Pass, be listed on your Park Pass Application.)
- All family members age 18 or older, who are not the homeowner, MUST show proof of residency by providing three approved forms of identification (i.e. driver’s license, state identification card, voter registration card, etc.)
- City Ordinance allows NO MORE than two unrelated persons to receive passes at any address.
- Business Owner Passes are given to the business owner and one other family member who resides with him/her.
- Lost passes will be replaced ONCE per season by an adult at a cost of $20.00 at the Public Service Department at City Hall. Office Hours are Monday through Friday, 8:00 am – 4:00 pm. Telephone (313) 822-4365.
- Households that require caregiver passes will be charged $25.00 per household and only 1 such pass will be issued annually.
- Residents with guests on an extended visit may purchase Temporary Passes (maximum 2 per household) for $10.00 each at the Public Service Department.
- Please allow 2 weeks for processing of all passes.